Saturday 2 August 2014

Stumbled across this remarkable church today! Some parts of St-Etienne-du-Mont are in the Gothic style while others date from the Renaissance. This is certainly the most impressive rood screen I have ever seen... I suspect that the steps outside were the same ones in which Owen Wilson waited each night for the car to pick him up in Woody Allen ' s "Midnight in Paris". With my luck, I'll probably get pooped on by a sleeping pigeon or get an offer from a homeless person who thinks I am fantastic 'spooning' material...

2 comments:

  1. This beautiful. It's your first weekend and already some amazing finds. I am extremely excited and anxious to see what will happen in these two months. Enjoy every moment and watch out for the pigeons and the homeless spooners :-)

    ReplyDelete